Don't Mind if I Do

Don't Mind if I Do
Why hello, gentlemen...

June 19, 2011

Where Not to Meet a Man, v.5

Belly Dancing Lessons!

Dancer: Rosa Noreen
In fact, much as we adore them, men seem distinctly beside the point in this class. I'm a newbie, but, to me, belly dancing seems to be about celebrating femininity, appreciating our bodies and enjoying our ability to move them. It's empowerment and exercise swathed in scarves and sparkles and set to irresistible music. All this and the chance to meet new gal pals. What's not to love? 
 

Dancer: Athena Najat photographed by Denise Marino

Special thanks to Rosa Noreen and Athena Najat, professional belly dancers and alumnae of Walnut Hill School for the Arts, for inspiring me to explore their enchanting craft.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the dancing, the self-discovery, and fun! I wish you all the best of fun and fulfillment in the world of bellydance :)

    ReplyDelete