Don't Mind if I Do

Don't Mind if I Do
Why hello, gentlemen...

June 12, 2011

Meeting, greeting, retreating...

Oh, holy eavesdropping!

image: http://www.esquire.com/features/firstdate0208
I'm not doing this on purpose, but can't resist. I am at my local coffee haunt, overhearing what is most certainly a first date. The guy has just asked a girl if she'd like to come watch a game at his house and then "sleep over." Just flat-out, like that! It appears that she is tolerating this silliness, for some reason.

A few other gems from this dude (who, to be fair, seems clueless, but harmless):
"I'm gonna get my own place..."
"Are you the kind of girl who wants to, like, go to Montreal, and trips like that?"
"It never works out to bring girls camping..."
"You're tired. You're tired. What time is it? Well, if you want to hang out one more hour..."

I promise, it's not my goal to embarrass or make fun of anyone. But, ladies, here's the takeaway: it's OK to end the date! Anytime after 20 minutes, you're golden and can make a polite, and hasty, retreat.

Bon soir, Monsieur. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment