Don't Mind if I Do

Don't Mind if I Do
Why hello, gentlemen...

June 8, 2011

Watch Out, Boy, She'll Chew You Up

At a work-related event, I met and was immediately impressed with a self-made business woman who, at the age of 77, is still as sharp as a tack. Our conversation covered many topics including (surprise!) dating. She is two years a widow after a 33-year marriage and just met someone great on Match.com. That's worth a blog post, right there, but it gets better.

I lightly tossed off, as I've been counseled to do: "If you know of any fabulous guys my age, send 'em my way!" She caught me on my way out and announced, "You know, I was 37 when I met my husband. He was 24." The only possible response to this is, "Awesome!" Which is how I replied, and how she snared me. She said she'd like me to meet her grandson, and I readily agreed, learning moments later that, of course...he's 10 years younger.

And, that, my friends, is how I came to have a dinner date planned with a sassy septuagenarian and a manchild 2/3 my age. "Whoah-oh, here she comes..."

1 comment:

  1. Technically cougars are in their 40's and early 50's, so you're off the hook on that one!

    ReplyDelete